Sunday, November 21, 2010

Inventory

Whenever it's time to embark on a new journey, it's probably a good idea to take inventory, so that's exactly what I've done. Mind you, it's only of the clothes I wear outside.

Casual Clothes:

5 V-neck tee shirts
2 Crew-neck tee shirts
5 shorts
4 jeans
2 white tank tops
3 camisoles
3 Long-sleeve Scoop, Crew, and V-neck tee shirts
2 Hoodies
1 Jacket
1 Coat--a big heavy Columbia brand honker

Formal Clothes:

2 Pants
2 Sweaters
1 Button-down tee shirt
1 Dress [from Homecoming, not at all useful in day to day life]

As you can tell, there is a pattern: boring. But on the plus side, I've beaten the 'women only where 20% of their wardrobe 80% of the time' old wife's tale into the dust. So it looks like I've got some good basics and that's good.

You have to have basis so you can build off of them, that's what you've always been told; it's been beaten into us since we were little children. [Not literally--I hope--I mean metaphorically, just that it is stated almost every day.]

So for now, I'm going to ponder and try to make a general rubric to follow to achieve the current goal: Show how amazing you are on the inside to everyone looking at your from the outside.

Let's see how this works out.

~Neeta

No comments:

Post a Comment