The beginning of the week always seems promising, making goals and waking up late, but some days it just doesn't seem like enough. Today was that day.
I woke up an hour ago, looked into my closet and grabbed the usual--jeans (dark wash and boot cut), a camisole (grey), and a v-neck tee shirt (green). It has almost become like a uniform, however at that very moment I thought nothing of it.
Then I walked into the bathroom, I smelled soap and a very distinct floral scent. My mother had left all her make up out on the counter again--which always seemed to confuse me, makeup just didn't seem to have a point in my life because the colors were smothering.
After my shower I brushed through my curly hair and let it air dry, it is currently in a side pony tail again. See the pattern? I hope so, but if not, go back and read again. This had become my daily life; boring and unoriginal was my outside appearance, even though I am nothing like that.
I took a step back from the mirror and looked myself up and down and said it's time for a change. It's time to begin the day anew; to keep up with the positive thinking I did one thing, I began this blog to keep track of my change on the outside, but make sure I changed nothing on the inside, because if I begin talking like this: 'So, umm. I went to PacSun last week and totally bought the cutest hoodie in the world even though it was eighty dollars and I totally failed my Chemistry test, but it was all worth it', then I might just go insane.
Now I have nothing against the girls who do that, but coming from a strict Indian family and priding myself in the A- I have in Chemistry, I'd first die before I actually fail a test in there, especially over a hoodie which is ridiculously overprice. (And yes, I realize that PacSun does not sell hoodies that expensive, but it was an exaggerated example; I picked the first store that popped into my head.)
I really do hope you come along on the journey and we can both learn a few things. Even if this fails to be a success we can at least say we tried.
~Neeta
No comments:
Post a Comment